Firm Silken Tofu or Momen Tofu; 1 pack
Cornflour or Potato Starch; 2 tbsp
For the Sauce
Japansese Soy Sauce; 20ml
For the Toppings
Daikon, grated; 2 tbsp
Ginger, grated; 1/4 tsp
Shallots (or use scallions), finely chopped; 2 tbsp
- Cut the tofu in half and press between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Add dashi, soy sauce and mirin to a pot and bring to a boil. Adjust seasoning.
- Once the tofu is dry, cut into cubes evenly and coat each cube with potato starch.
- Heat enough oil and deep fry tofu cubes at 200 C, until light golden & crispy.
- Add the fried tofu to a bowl, drop in the toppings and lastly the broth.