A quinoa entree with vegetables and arugula makes a wholesome meal.
Olive Oil; 2 tbsp
Asparagus; 1 bunch, trimmed and diced
Onion, diced; 2 tbsp
Garlic cloves; 3, minced
Mixed Quinoa; 2 cups
ARQA Lemon salt flakes; 1/4 tsp
Vegetable Stock; 4 cups
Black Pepper, crushed; 1 teaspoon
Butter; 1 tbsp
Parmesan Cheese, grated; 1 tbsp
Parsley, chopped; 2 tsp to garnish
Goat cheese, crumbled; 2 tbsp
Baby arugula leaves; a handful
1. Trim and peel the asparagus, wash and cut it into dices.
2. Soak 2 cups of mixed quinoa in cold water for 20 to 30 mins.
3. Heat olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add minced garlic and chopped onion to the pan and saute.
4. Drain and add the quinoa and mix well. Stir and add the vegetable stock, simmer gently until all the liquid is absorbed, it takes 3 to 5 mins. Now, pour in 3 cups of vegetable stock to cover the quinoa completely and continue to cook, stirring often, until all the liquid is absorbed. Repeat and pour 1 cup of stock at a time and cook while stirring, until the quinoa is cooked and tender but still chewy, and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Stir in the diced asparagus, season & mix well. Once the liquid is over, remove from heat and stir in butter, lemon salt, crushed pepper and grated parmesan to give the risotto a smooth & creamy finish. Sprinkle chopped parsley & mix well.
6. Dish out the asparagus quinoa risotto in a deep plate and sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top. Put baby arugula leaves on top and drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top.