Adding to its diverse and premium collection, Foodhall introduces Himalayan Salt Block for foodies with an exquisite taste
Cook Time: 1 hr 5 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
1 wheel of Brie cheese
2 tbsp of honey, plus more to drizzle later
100 g walnuts
5-6 fresh figs
Few sprigs of fresh thyme
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Place the dry salt block on a baking sheet and place it in the oven at a 50 degreeC.
- After 15 minutes, increase the heat to 100 degreeC and then again after 20 minutes, increase the heat to 150 degreeC. It’s extremely important to slowly heat the salt block as its delicate and sudden exposure to extreme heat can crack the entire block.
- Take out the baking sheet carefully and place the wheel of brie on one side of the block. Top it with a few wedges of fresh fig, some walnuts, few fresh thyme leaves and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- On the other side of the salt block, place rest of the walnuts, fresh figs and fresh thyme. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Place the baking sheet back in the hot oven and continue baking for about 20 to 25 minutes at 150C.
- Drizzle some more honey on top and serve warm.