thin crust, thick crust or even paper thin, make your own pizza dough and enjoy baking the pizza.
Cook Time: 45 minutes + baking time
Serves: Makes 6 pizza bread
4 cups flour
12 ml active dry yeast
1 ½ lukewarm water
Arqa salt to taste
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (Available at Foodhall)
½ cup white wine
- Add the yeast into the lukewarm water and stir it till it dissolves. Rest it for 10 minutes until it starts to bubble.
- On a flat surface mix the flour and salt together, create a hole (a well) and little by little pour in the yeast mix and water, fold in the flour from the inner edge.
- Once the yeast and water is mixed into the dough, add olive oil and wine and combine it into the flour.
- Knead well till the dough is smooth and spongy. It should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Using a knife, cut 5 – 6 equal parts and let the dough rest at room temperature for about an hour. While dough is resting, cover the dough with a damp towel.
- The yeast mix will help the dough to double in size. Once the dough is ready, punch it down before you roll it to make pizzas.
Note: You can also wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for further use.