Add some assorted veggies or meat of your choice to make a more filling meal and serve with penne or fusilli.
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley etc., chopped)
Salt & pepper to taste
A pinch of sugar
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Heat oil and sauté garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Do not let them turn brown.
- Add tomatoes and the herbs and cook well (low and slow is the key). The tomatoes should soften and lose their water.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Mix well with the pasta and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Top with some more fresh herbs and serve hot.
Remember to save a cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta. If your dish looks too dry when you combine the pasta and sauce, splash a bit of this water. The starch in the water will help the sauce to cling to the pasta better.