Beetroot Spaghetti? Try something new every time you step in the kitchen.
120 g spaghetti (enough for two portions)
Handful of basil leaves
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp parmesan cheese
Juice and zest of a lemon
¼ cup olive oil
57 g parmesan, grated
Salt to taste
For spaghetti pesto
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Wash and scrub the beets well. Wrap the beetroots in a foil with a drizzle olive oil and sea salt over it. Roast the beetroots for about 45 mins to an hour until tender.
- Let it cool before discarding the peels. Chop roughly and put them in a blender jar along with other ingredients of the pesto – garlic, olive oil, almonds, parmesan, juice and zest of a lemon and salt. Keep it aside.
- Boil the spaghetti till al dente. Drain the boiling liquid off.
- Toss it in some beetroot pesto in a pan and cook for about 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve immediately with parmesan shavings and basil as garnish.