55g unsweetened desiccated coconut
60g quinoa flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 medium egg
160g coconut milk
30g coconut palm sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g blueberries plus extra to serve
Coconut oil, to cook
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- To make the pancakes, blend together desiccated coconut in a food processor for 2-3 minutes.
- Add this to a large bowl and mix it with quinoa flour and baking powder.
- Whisk in the coconut milk, egg, coconut palm sugar and vanilla extract until it forms a thick batter. Let it stand for 20-30 minutes to allow it to thicken. Finally, stir in the blueberries.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Pour one spoonful of the batter onto the pan and quickly spread the mixture out slightly with the back of the spoon or by swirling the pan slightly.
- When the pancake is golden brown on the bottom and the top is beginning to set, carefully flip it over. Let it brown on the other side as well.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh blueberries and coconut flakes.