Looking for a healthy pizza recipe that meets with a great appetizer demand? Try Amrita Rana's Cauliflower Pizza recipe
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people
1 small head cauliflower, broken into smaller florets
Arqa Salt & pepper
4 tbsp pizza sauce
2 fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
Handful of basil leaves
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores.
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until fine. Steam the cauliflower in a steamer or microwave with a lid for 2-3 minutes. Let it cool down a bit.
- Bundle up the steamed cauliflower in a muslin cloth and squeeze out extra water. Additionally, pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add salt and pepper to the cauliflower and beat in one egg to help it bind. Take a small portion of this mix and transfer onto the parchment paper. Evenly spread it out to make a small circle. Repeat the same to make 2 to 3 mini pizzas.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the crust is nicely browned.
- Take it out of the oven and spread some pizza sauce. Add the remaining toppings – torn mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and torn basil.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and has gotten golden brown on top.
- Remove onto a serving plate. Garnish with some fresh basil and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.