Vegan chocolate pudding with the goodness of fresh avocado
Cook Time: 20 minutes + chill time
Serves: 3 people
2 whole ripe avocado
1 whole vanilla bean
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup agave nectar
¼ cup fresh orange juice
½ tsp sea salt
¾ cup hot water
½ cup chopped pistachios to garnish
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados.
- Split the vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, vanilla, cocoa powder with maple syrup and agave nectar.
- Gradually add the orange juice and salt.
- While the food processor is still running, drizzle in the hot water. You will see the mixture looking creamy. If it doesn’t, add some more orange juice.
- Diving this pudding into different cups or serving bowls while it is still warm.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Garnish with chopped pistachios.