200 ml double cream
200 g milk powder
50 g unsalted butter
10 cardamoms, ground
½ tsp cardamom powder
400 ml condensed milk
120 g cocoa powder
2 tbsp pistachios roughly crushed (optional)
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Line a flat dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl sieve in the milk powder and mix with the cream to make a lumpy dough and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a non stick sauce pan and add the cardamom powder. Stir with the heat on low and add the condensed milk and cocoa powder.
- Once the cocoa powder has melted add the cream and milk powder mixture. Stir to melt away any lumps. Keep stirring and the mixture will start to leave the sides of the pan. Once this happens put it out on the flat dish and spread it out with the back of your spoon so its about 5-10 cm deep. I like to top with crushed pistachios.
- Cool and set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hrs or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.