Chef Ayushi Shah gives bread an updo and it is completely irresistible.
Cook Time: 50 minutes + 20 minutes bake time
Serves: 4-5 people
200 g whole wheat flour
10 g baker’s yeast
10 g sugar
½ cup milk warm
½ cup dark chocolate chips
10 g butter
5 g butter melted
5 g salt
- Place the yeast and sugar in a bowl and top with the lukewarm water. Leave in a warm place to froth for about 15 minutes.
- Make a soft dough using the frothy yeast mixture and the flour, adding more milk if necessary. Rub the salt and butter together and work into the dough. Knead well. Rest the dough, covered with a plastic wrap or moist muslin for 15 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Knock back the dough and knead again. Roll out onto a floured surface until about 1/2″ thick. Sprinkle the chocolate chips. Roll the dough into a spiral log. Cut the log into 2″ pieces and place cut-side up in a round 8″ pan with some space in between. Leave to double in size again.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 200 degrees C. The tops should be a light gold.
- Remove and brush with the melted butter when hot. Cool completely before serving.