250 g chorizo
1½ cup Traditions by Foodhall Arborio rice
3 chicken breast/thigh pieces
1 red pepper, chopped into bite size
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 cups chicken stock
1 pinch Arqa saffron
1 tsp Arqa cumin powder
1 tbsp Arqa paprika
¼ cup frozen peas
Finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Arqa salt to taste
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores.
- Mix saffron with 2 tablespoons of water and allow it to infuse.
- In a heavy bottom large pan, heat 3 tablespoons of oil and layer the chicken pieces. Cook for 3 minutes on medium-high heat to brown the chicken.
- Then, turn over the chicken pieces and brown the other side too. Once done, transfer the chicken pieces to a plate and keep it aside to be used later. Next, cook the chorizo pieces in the pan for a few minutes and keep it aside to be used later. In the same pan, scatter garlic and onion. Sprinkle salt and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the rice and then, sprinkle cumin powder and paprika powder. Give it a stir and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes. This will allow the rice to soak in the flavour.
- Pour half of the chicken stock, give it a stir and allow it to simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Once the rice is partially cooked, place the chicken pieces, chorizo and red peppers evenly on the rice and pour rest of the chicken stock. Pour saffron water and then give it a gentle stir. Continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Finally, scatter frozen peas and cook for one more minute
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, lemon wedges and serve warm.