This paneer and coconut laddoo is a fresh, light and easy to make Indian sweet.
Sweetened Condensed milk; 1 cup
Grated paneer or freshly made Chhena; 250g
Desiccated coconut; 1½ cup
Ghee or Butter;1 tbsp
Cardamom; 2, crushed or 1/2 tsp
Sugar; 1 tsp
Pistachio, chopped; 20g
Almond, chopped; 20g
Walnut, chopped; 20g
Desiccated coconut; ¼ cup for rolling
- Toast desiccated coconut for a minute. Remove and keep it aside.
- Mash the paneer until smooth and creamy. In a heavy bottom pan, mix the paneer and sweetened condensed milk. Cook on low heat stirring constantly.
- Add in the toasted desiccated coconut, mix and continue cooking on low heat. Add cardamom powder and mix again.
- Cook it until the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides. Keep stirring continuously to avoid browning the mixture.
- Add toasted and chopped mixed nuts to this mixture and mix well. Transfer the mixture onto a greased tray and spread to cool.
- Make small balls of 30g each and roll over desiccated coconut and chopped mixed nuts.