2 cups couscous
1 red onion, chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 cups canned plum tomatoes with juices, chopped
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Bunch of fresh basil leaves, torn
Arqa sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores.
- Boil the couscous in water for 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, bell peppers (red and yellow), red onions, half of the basil, cherry tomatoes and season it with salt and pepper.
- Tip in the couscous and mix well.
- Let this mix rest in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. However, you can stir the mix every hour so that the juices of the ingredients is absorbed by the couscous.
- Chop the basil or simply rip it to garnish and serve.