Add a little of flax seeds and enjoy a delicious meal, Adria Wu style.
2 chicken breasts
35 g flax seeds (Available at Foodhall)
1½ tbsp Chinese 5 spice (Available at Foodhall)
½ tsp salt
175 g quinoa (Available at Foodhall)
350 ml water
50 g almond butter
15 ml Soy
30 ml Water
15 ml olive oil
1 pack, 4 heads pak choy
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 red chilli, seeds removed, sliced
1 stalk spring onion, sliced
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Mix flax seed, 5 spice and salt. Lightly beat eggs in a different bowl.
- Dip each breast in eggs then in flax seed mix and place on rack.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Bring quinoa, water and salt to a boil then reduce and simmer for 12-15 minutes covered or until all water is absorbed. Turn off heat and place a dry dishcloth over the pot for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Whisk together almond butter, soy and water. Coat quinoa with dressing when ready.
- Heat pan with olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 1 min. Add pok choy and cook for another 2 mins. Season with salt and black pepper. Toss with quinoa and serve with sliced chicken breast.
- Garnish with red chilli and spring onion.