A cheesecake flavoured with ginger, lime, and pomegranate; tastes as lush as it looks!
Cook Time: 20 minutes + 2 hours chill time
Serves: 6-8 people
100 g ginger biscuits
200 g digestive biscuits
120 g melted butter
250 g mascarpone
600 g cream cheese
250 g icing sugar
Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Place biscuits in a plastic bag, then wrap in a clean kitchen towel. Using a rolling pin carefully crush biscuits until completely crumbled. Place biscuit crumbs in a large bowl and stir in melted butter, making sure all the crumbs are well coated.
- Place non-stick greaseproof paper at the bottom of a quiche or spring form baking tin. Tip in the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared tin and using your fingers push all the crumbs neatly down until compact and completely covering the tin evenly.
- In another large bowl, combine mascarpone cream, cream cheese, icing sugar, zest and juice of the limes and stir together until a smooth consistency is reached. Taste for sweetness and adjust according to your taste with more icing sugar if desired. Do this with the lime juice, adding a little more if a zestier flavour is desired.
- Using a flexible spatula, pour cream mixture over the top of the biscuit base and smoothen the top. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, deseed the pomegranate and sprinkle the seeds over the top on the cheesecake to garnish.When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from casing and slice as desired.
- When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from casing and slice as desired.