Add a spin to your party menu with a dip that channels the flavours of spanakopita – the Greek spinach pie.
200 g spinach leaves (1 small bunch), cleaned
1 tbsp olive oil
3 green onions, chopped
½ tbsp garlic, chopped
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice
125 g hung yoghurt
50 g crumbled feta cheese
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic till fragrant.
- Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted (about 2 minutes).
- Transfer to a food processor and blitz till the spinach is roughly pureed. Don’t make it into a smooth paste.
- Add salt, lemon juice & zest, yoghurt, feta cheese and dill. Blitz briefly till the ingredients combine.
- Season to taste and serve with warmed pita bread and crudités – batons of carrots, cucumbers, celery sticks and asparagus spears.