Mira Manek shares an easy recipe to serve alongside your mains.
1 pack tofu medium to firm
1 small pack sugar snaps and baby corn
½ red & yellow bell pepper
For the sauce
5 tbsp yoghurt
2 tbsp tahini
1½ tbsp tandoori sauce
½ tsp turmeric
¼ tsp cumin powder
juice of ½ lime
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp white and/ or black sesame seeds
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Cut the tofu into large cubes or rectangular pieces and leave to dry on a few kitchen towels for 10 minutes or longer.
- Now chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Heat the tofu in a pan on low heat – so that it becomes firmer and doesn’t break when mixing. Add a little sauce onto each of the pieces and turn, so that the tofu is grilled on both sides.
- While the tofu is cooking, toss the vegetables with the sauce. There should be enough sauce to cover all the vegetables. If it seems a little dry, then add a little more yoghurt and tahini.
- Taste the sauce and add a little more seasoning if required. Once the tofu is a little cooked (10-15 minutes), add the pieces to the bowl of vegetables and mix gently, careful not to break the tofu pieces.
- Now lay the vegetables and tofu on the baking tray and grill for around 15-20 minutes, turning the vegetables a few times.
- In a small pan, lightly toast the cumin and sesame seeds for five minutes, and add as a garnishing on the vegetables and tofu before you serve.