Onion, chopped; 1 medium
Oil; 3 tbsp
Cinnamon stick; 1
Turmeric powder; 1 tsp
Saffron; 2/3 tsp
Boiling water; ½ cup
Rice; 1 1/2 cup
Water; 3 cups
Butter; 1 tbsp
Fresh pomegranate and mint leaves for garnish
1. Fry chopped onions until light golden in colour.
2. Place saffron in boiling water for it to release its mellow golden colour.
3. Add half of the saffron, cinnamon and turmeric powder to fried onions.
4. Add the rice, water and salt.
5. When the rice is almost cooked, add butter and rest of the saffron water. Reduce heat to the lowest and continue to cook rice until fluffy.
6. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and fresh mint on the top.