Looking for a salad recipe that impresses your guests immediately? Stop your search with our house special recipe
For the dressing:
1 tsp English mustard
6 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp Arqa black pepper powder
1/2 tsp Arqa dry oregano
1 1/2 tbsp, vinegar
1 tsp sugar
50 ml olive oil
Arqa salt to taste
For the grilled chicken:
2 Chicken breast pieces (boneless),
2 tbsp Arqa dried Italian herb mix
1 tsp Arqa black pepper powder
1 tbsp all-purpose flour (maida)
Arqa salt to taste,
2 tbsp olive oil
For the salad:
50 g iceberg lettuce, roughly shredded
50 g green lettuce , roughly shredded
50 g pitted black olives
1 cucumber, sliced
1 tomato, deseeded and diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 carrot, sliced
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and whisk vigorously until emulsified.
- Refrigerate the dressing before adding to the salad.
- In a bowl, combine the Italian herb mix, pepper powder, flour and salt. Dip the chicken pieces in this mix and coat all sides evenly. Season well.
- In a grill pan, heat the olive oil. Grill the chicken on both sides till golden brown and done.
- Cover and let the chicken rest and then slice it.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, add the dressing and toss slightly.
- On a serving plate, layer the salad, arrange the sliced chicken on top, drizzle extra dressing over the chicken and serve.