Vegetable Oil; 1 tbsp
Golden Onion, diced; 1 medium
Walnuts; 455 g
Warm Water; 2-3 cups
Pumpkin, cooked and mashed; 200 g
Chicken Thighs, skinless and bone-in; 6-8 pieces
Pomegranate Molasses; 1-1 1/2 cup
Salt and Pepper; to taste
- Using a food processor, crush the toasted walnuts to form fine crumbs. Add little water and process again.
- Heat vegetable oil and sauté onion for 5 minutes until pink, add walnuts and sauté onion and walnut for another 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water. Turn the heat up to high and bring the mixture to boil, turn down the heat to medium and simmer.
- Add pumpkin, chicken thighs, salt and pepper and let it cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add 1 cup pomegranate molasses and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and add pomegranate molasses and brown sugar. Simmer until the gravy thickens.
- Serve warm with rice.