½ kg fish cut into medium slices (seer, pomfret)
1 tsp Arqa mustard seeds
¼ tsp Arqa fenugreek seeds
1½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
6 to 8 small onions
2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
½ tsp Arqa turmeric powder
2 tbsp Arqa coriander powder
2 to 3 pieces of kokum
Salt to taste
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Soak kokum in about a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Mix chili, coriander and turmeric powder together with coconut oil & make a thick paste.
- Heat coconut oil in an earthen ware pot or a pan. Throw in mustard & fenugreek and let it splutter for a bit. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add small onions, curry leaves and sauté till it becomes soft.
- Add the masala paste, salt and fry till oil starts separating from the sides.
- Add kokum along with the water & fish pieces. Combine well.
- Stir gently so that fish pieces do not get broken in the process.
- Add required amount of water & cook till the fish is done & gravy becomes thick, it will take around 20 -25 minutes on low flame.
- Serve with rice.