2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp butter
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1½ tbsp caper
1 red onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp all-purpose flour
Salt & pepper to taste
Finely chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Score the chicken breast and rub it with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add butter in a hot pan and once it melts, layer the chicken breasts carefully. Allow it to cook till it turns golden brown. It should take about 5 minutes. Flip it on the other side and allow it to cook for a couple more minutes. Once done, take it off the pan and keep it aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, drop the garlic and the chopped onion. Sauté and add a little oil if it gets too dry. Avoid the onion from turning brown. Once it’s translucent, add flour and give it a mix.
- Layer the lemon slices, add chicken stock and allow it simmer until the lemons are softened. Drop the capers and layer the cooked chicken. Let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Finally, garnish with finely chopped parsley or cilantro and serve immediately.
No salt was added to the sauce because the chicken stock already had salt. If you are using no sodium chicken stock, remember to add salt while you cook the onion.