Celebrate the mango season with perfect breakfast chalked by Adria Wu.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people
100 g flaked oats, ground
25 g desiccated coconut
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100 g ripe mangoes
180 to 200 ml milk
150 g cherries, pitted and halved
3-4 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp yoghurt (optional)
125 ml maple syrup
- Blend oats, desiccated coconut, baking powder and salt in a food processor until a coarse powder is formed.
- Blitz mango and eggs until smooth separately.
- Gently whisk the oats mix and pureed mangoes then slowly add milk until desired consistency (like loose porridge).
- Heat a non-stick pan on low flame and add 1 tsp coconut oil. Swirl around to melt. Add 3 tbsp of batter for each pancake making 2-3 pancakes at a time. Press in pitted halved cherries in pancakes. As soon as bubbles appear, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve in a stack with coconut yoghurt, maple syrup and more fresh cherries and mango.