Chia seeds are both yum and healthy, Mira Manek gives you another reason to obsess on this health trend.
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
2 (30 g) tbsp chia
160 ml almond milk
2 tbsp yoghurt
1 tbsp agave
1 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp water
1 tsp agave
Pulp of ripe mangoes (2 small or 1 large)
1 tbsp yoghurt
Pinch of cardamom
10-15 pistachios, chopped
- Start by placing the chia seeds in a bowl and mix in the almond milk. Add the yoghurt and agave and stir the mixture quickly with a fork or a spoon and leave on one side while the chia seeds expand. If the chia is too thick add more almond milk.
- You can now prepare the blueberry compote by mashing the berries with a fork, then place the berries and juice into a pan and add the cornflour and water. Bring the mix to boil while stirring and add the agave.
- If you find the blueberries are too sharp or sour add more agave to sweeten the compote.
- Next peel off the skin of the mango and extract the pulp. This can be achieved by placing chopped pieces of the mango with yoghurt into a blender or food processor.
- Stir a pinch of cardamom into the mixture. You need very little. If the mango isn’t ripe or sweet enough add some more agave.
- Lastly, roughly chop the pistachios and begin to layer the ingredients together in a glass.
- Add the chia seed mixture first, which by now should have a jelly like texture, then add the blueberry compote and sprinkled about half of the chopped pistachios. Layer the mango pulp above the layer of the pistachios and finish off with a garnishing of the remaining pistachios.