Celebrate occasions, Mexicana style with Shivesh Bhatia's Margarita Cake recipe.
Cook Time: 20 minutes + 40 minutes bake time
Serves: 3-4 people
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Zest of 2 limes
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cups vegetable oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup orange liquor
Whipped cream, to frost
- Lightly butter a round 9-inch cake pan. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and lime zest.
- In a large bowl, beat vegetable oil and sugar for several minutes until the mixture is light and pale. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in lime juice, tequila and orange liquor.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions, alternating with milk
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely. Remove the cooled cake from the tin and top with whipped cream. Garnish as needed.