4 eggs (use only the whites)
2 cups superfine sugar
Gel food colouring, optional
- In an oven, preheated at 100 degrees C, heat the sugar for about 5 minutes so that it dissolves more quickly.
- In a mixer attached with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites at high speed until they double in volume and become stiff. Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time and keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- For colour, turn a piping bag inside out and brush on stripes of food colouring. Carefully turn it back and fill with meringue.
- Pipe the kisses on a tray lined with baking sheet and bake at 100 degrees C for 1 hour.
- Store in air tight container.