These healthy ladoos are known as avani avittam’ in South India, ‘kajri purnima’ in Madhya Pradesh, ‘narali purnima’ by the fishermen of Maharashtra.
Cook Time: 1hr 5 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people
1 cup fresh coconut (grated)
1 ½ cup milk
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp ghee
Desiccated coconut for garnish
- In a pan heat ghee and sauté coconut for ½ a minute.
- Add milk and stir until the milk thickens. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder to this and continue to cook.
- Once the mixture firms up in around 30-40 minutes, remove from fire and allow it to cool.
- Make small balls out of it and roll it into the desiccated coconut. Chill and serve.