A light elegant sweet curd that is a great end to any Indian meal. Here is a Bengali Sweet Curd with Strawberries
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people
500 ml whole fat milk
2-3 tbsps yoghurt
50 g sugar
50 g strawberries
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Bring milk to the boil, reduce the heat and leave it to simmer until it has reduced by half. Ensure you stir the milk to stop it from scorching at the bottom of the pan.
- Stir half of the sugar into the hot milk so it dissolves completely. Caramelise the remaining sugar by placing into another pan and heating gently until it melts and browns a little.
- Remove the sugar from the heat and pour it into the reduced milk and mix it through until it mixes in completely.
- Leave the milk to cool until it’s lukewarm (it mustn’t be too hot or too cold). Once it’s cooled enough, stir in the yoghurt.
- Place the chopped strawberries into the earthenware pots and pour the yoghurt mixture in. Keep in a warm place for the mishti doi to set overnight.
- Once it has set, chill for a few hours before serving.