Eggplants; 3 Medium
Onions, chopped; 2 medium
Garlic Cloves, crushed; 2
Olive Oil; 1/2 cup
Tomatoes, thinly sliced; 4
Pomegranate Molasses; 2 tbsp
Salt; 1 tsp
Freshly ground Black Pepper; 1/2 tsp
Angelica Powder; 1 tsp
Fresh Mint, chopped; 1/2 cup or 2 tsp dried Mint
Fresh Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prick eggplants with a fork to prevent them from bursting, and place on oven rack. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Place the eggplant on a cutting board and let stand until cool enough to handle. Peel and roughly chop.
- In a deep skillet, fry the onions and garlic in 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Add tomatoes and pomegranate molasses and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add the eggplant, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, angelica powder, and mint. Simmer over low heat for another 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot or cold with lavash as an appetiser.