An Italian dessert that is perfect for your nutella cravings
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
240 g refined flour
6 g baking powder
Arqa Salt to taste
20 g Breakfast Sugar
200 g Egg
5 g vanilla essence
150 g Nutella
1 g cinnamon powder
1 g Orange zest
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 190 degree C.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs, and vanilla. Mix gently over low heat until combined. Batter will be sticky.
- Use a tablespoon to deep fry the mix and drop in one table spoon of batter one at a time.
- Zeppole will turn over by themselves. Fry until golden brown, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Drain in a paper sack and dust with confectioners’ sugar & cinnamon powder. Serve warm.