Use paneer in an uber cool way by cooking it on the beautiful Himalayan Pink Salt block.
350 g paneer
1 medium zucchini
2 red bell peppers
1 medium onion
1 can of sliced pineapple
1 cup thick yoghurt (half is used in marinate and the rest half is served on the side with the tikkas)
½ tsp Arqa turmeric powder
½ tsp Arqa coriander powder
½ tsp Arqa chilli powder
1 tsp Arqa cumin powder
1 tsp Arqa carom seeds
2 tbsp oil
All ingredients available at Foodhall stores.
- Cut the paneer, vegetables and pineapple into bite size chunks.
- In a big bowl, whisk ½ cup yoghurt with oil and all the spices. Drop the cut paneer, veggies, and pineapple into the bowl. Give it a mix and allow it to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Place the dry salt block on the stove top and set the heat to low. After 15 minutes, raise the heat to medium and then after 20 minutes, increase the heat to high. It’s extremely important to slowly heat the salt block as it’s delicate and sudden exposure to extreme heat can crack the entire block.
- While the salt rock gets ready, take a few skewers and thread the paneer, veggies and pineapple into the skewers as per your choice.
- Once the salt block is hot enough, place the skewers carefully on the salt block. It will take a couple of minutes on each side to get cooked and caramelize.
- Serve warm with thick yoghurt on the side.