They are an absolute sinful treat with a decadent crunch.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6 people
200 g roasted pecans
50 g dates
250 g dark chocolate compound, melted
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Roast the pecan nuts in the ovens for a few minutes at 170 degree C and then roughly chop them.
- Also roughly chop the dates.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie till fully melted, but not hotter than 36 degree C.
- Add into the chocolate the chopped pecans & dates, stir a little.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over a grease proof paper and spread thinly, 3 to 4 mm, using a flat spatula.
- Set in the fridge, and then break uneven pieces using the fingers or using a knife.