For an extra kick of heat, adjust spice with chilli flakes
120 g red bell pepper, de-seed and roasted
40 g aubergine peeled & diced
30 g tomato, blanched, deseed and deskined
6ml olive oil
20 g onion, sliced
Arqa salt and black pepper to taste
80 g ricotta cheese
40 g Parmesan cheese
5 g basil
5 g garlic
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Place the eggplant in a colander and toss with salt; keep it aside for 20 mins.
- Once done, drain the eggplant and dry it on paper towels; set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add onion and garlic; cook it until soft and lightly caramelized or till it is translucent.
- To this add the drained and dried eggplant and stir it occasionally.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook further until the tomatoes are soft.
- After all it is soft and perfectly cooked, transfer it to a food processor and add roasted red peppers, ricotta, parmesan and basil; puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.