1 kg pumpkin, cubed
2 nos. garlic cloves, chopped
2 nos. white onions, chopped
1 tbsp turmeric powder
100g split red lentil from Traditions by Foodhall, soaked for 30 minutes
2 sprigs of thyme
1 ltr. vegetable stock
50g cream plus more to garnish
Salt & sugar
Crushed black pepper
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions until softened.
- Drop in the garlic, pumpkin, lentils and thyme. Give it all a good stir.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil.
- Season, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Once everything is cooked, fish out the thyme sprigs and blend the soup base into a puree. Add some cream and give it a final blend.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of your choice – chopped walnuts, parsley, cream, grilled chicken (optional), sesame seeds, olive oil and crumbled feta.