Join the superfood bandwagon in style with Instagram's famous home cook - Shivesh Bhatia.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
1 cup figs/ plums/ any fruit of your choice, evenly chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
3-4 tbsp maple syrup or according to taste
2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, cook your fruit with maple syrup and lemon juice for 10-15 minutes until it starts to break down and becomes juicy. Smash it using a fork while it is still on heat and continue until you reach the desired consistency.
- Stir in chia seeds and cook for another minute.
- Bring it off the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes until it becomes thick.
- If the jam seems a little thin, stir in another tablespoon of chia seeds and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour into glass jar allow it to cool completely before use.