12o g Traditions by Foodhall Arborio rice
700 g prawns, shelled
20 g river sole fish, diced
20 g Vietnamese basa (dices)
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic, chopped
25 g unsalted butter
25 ml Olive oil
15 g Parmesan cheese
a few strands of Saffron
chopped parsley to garnish
1 sprig thyme
4o g oven dried tomato
Arqa salt to taste
a pinch of Arqa black pepper, crushed
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores.
- De-shell and de-vain the prawns, clean and wash the shrimps, cut the basa & sole into cubes & marinate all the seafood in olive oil, salt, crushed pepper, little minced garlic and thyme
- Wash all the prawn head/shells & along with all the fish trimming boil to make a prawn stock.
- Add celery, onion and herbs to the stock and simmer, strain and add saffron and keep the stock ready for use when required
- Heat little olive oil and butter and cook the prawns over medium heat turning until cooked through and slightly golden. Similarly, sear and cook all the seafood and keep aside
- Heat oil & cook the onion until softened. Add garlic and rice and stir for 1-2 mins to coat the grains. Add a ladleful of hot stock and stir until absorbed. Continue adding stock, 1 ladleful at a time, stirring and making sure each is absorbed before adding the next, until rice is al dente.
- Stir in the mixed seafood, tomato sauce, herbs and seasonings. Add butter and Parmesan and mix all to combine well. Garnish with Parmesan flakes and chopped parsley. Serve immediately piping hot.