Soba noodles are made with buckwheat, this recipe served with vegetables is a healthy option for weeknight meals.
Soba Noodles; 250g
Peanut Oil; 1-2 tbsp
Broccoli, medium, cut small florets; 1
Pakchoy, sliced; 1/2 cup
Spring Onion, chopped; 1/2 cup
Red chilli; ½, thinly sliced
Sesame Ginger Dressing
Sesame Seeds, white; 3 tbsp
Honey; 1 tbsp
Sesame Oil; 1 tbsp
Rice Vinegar; 4 tsp
Soy Sauce; 3-4 tsp
Ginger, freshly grated; 1-2 tsp
1. Boil water and cook the Soba noodles as per packet instructions, drain and refresh in cold water, keep it aside.
2. Toast the sesame seeds in a pan until golden and have a nutty fragrance and grind until half crushed.
3. In a separate bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together, taste and adjust seasoning. Add most of the crushed sesame seeds leaving some for garnish and mix well.
4. Heat peanut oil and stir fry the broccoli & pakchoy until tender yet crunchy, add in the soba noodles and sesame ginger dressing quickly stir to mix well.
5. Sprinkle spring onion and sliced red chilli and crushed sesame seeds and serve.