Scallops; 100 g
Shrimp, peeled and deveined; 200 g
Lime juice; 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
Lemon juice; 2 tbsp
Olive oil; 2 tbsp
Coconut milk; 1/2 cup
Jalapeno, chopped, halved and seeded; 1
Cilantro, chopped; 1 tbsp
Garlic clove, peeled; 1
Mango, diced; 1
Red onion, thinly sliced; 1/2 small
Salt; 1/2 tsp
Coconut, freshly grated; 1 tbsp
- Slice each scallop horizontally into two thinner disks and cut into eight wedges.
- Cut the peeled shrimp into chunks that approximately matches the size of the scallop wedges.
- In a bowl, pour enough lime juice over the scallop and shrimp pieces to cover. Toss so that each piece is covered well in the lime juice bath.
- Cover top and place the bowl in the refrigerator to marinate for 4 to 10 hours.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining lime juice with the lemon juice, coconut milk and olive oil.
- Add chopped jalapeno, cilantro and garlic to the coconut mixture and stir in the red onion. Season with salt and mix well.
- When every chunk of shrimp and scallop is white with no hint of translucence, remove them from the juice.
- Strain and discard the lime juice. Combine the seafood and the coconut milk mixture, tossing well.
- Add the mango chunks and toss gently. Taste and add more salt or fresh lime juice, if desired.