Olive oil; 1 tbsp
Diced onion; 1 large
Peeled and diced carrots; 2
Finely minced garlic; 2
Chipotle peppers; 1 tsp
Ground cumin; 1 tsp
Ground coriander; 1 tsp
Black beans (soaked overnight); 2 cups
Vegetable broth; 4 cups
Salt; 1 tsp
Freshly squeezed lime juice
1 bunch curly kale, stems removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- Heat the oil in a stock pot and add the onion and carrot. Cook for 5-7 mins until the onion is tender. Add the garlic and chipotle peppers and cook for another 2 mins, stirring constantly
- Add the cumin, coriander, beans, broth, water, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover the soup and simmer until the beans are tender.
- Mash the soup a bit to thicken the consistency and add salt and lemon juice.
- Stir the kale into the soup, cover & allow the kale to cook for about five minutes , till it’s tender.
- Serve the soup with avocado, cilantro & corn chips.