6-8 garlic cloves
8-10 dry red chillies
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sesame oil
400 g tofu
Chopped spring onions to garnish
- To make the spice mix, place the chillies, garlic, white sesame seeds and salt in a spice grinder and pulse it a few times. It should turn into a coarse paste.
- Cut the tofu into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ground spice mix. Stir fry for a few minutes till the pungent, raw aroma turns into a lightly caramelized aroma.
- Add the tofu and toss to coat with the spices.
- Fry for a few more seconds or for a minute till the tofu turns slightly golden and crisp on the outside.
- Take it off the heat and garnish with more sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
- Serve as an appetizer or with sticky rice for a delicious meal.