Pie pastry sheet; refrigerated
Fresh strawberry diced; 3 1/2 cups
Fresh peach chunks; 2 1/2 cups
Lemon juice; 2 tbsp
Castor sugar; 3/4 cup
Corn starch; 1/4 cup
Fresh basil minced; 2 tbsp
Refined flour; 3/4 cup
Brown sugar; 1/2 cup
Cold butter; 6 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9 inch pie mold with flute edge and press pastry sheet to take shape.
2. In a large bowl combine peaches, strawberries and lemon juice.
3. Mix sugar, corn starch and basil in a small bowl. Add this to the prepared fruit mixture. Toss gently to coat. Transfer the prepared filling to pie crust.
4. In another small bowl mix flour with brown sugar and cut in chilled butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle on top over filling.
5. Bake pie in the oven at 180 degree C for 40-45 mins or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.