1 red capsicum, chopped
1 yellow capsicum, chopped
1 sliced zucchini
1 eggplant, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 cloves crushed garlic
3-4 fresh basil leaves
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
- Using your knife, cross the base of each tomato and place them into a bowl of boiling water for 20 seconds.
- Remove and peel the skin from the tomatoes. Chop the tomatoes into medium squares.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the capsicums and zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes. Put the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the eggplant to the pan and cook on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Re-add the onion, zucchini and capsicum mix to the pan and stir them all together.
- Add the tomato puree and stir in the thyme. Cook for 15-20 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and basil to the mix and continue to stir.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm with your main dish or eat on its own with hot bread.