Call all your friends and have a movie and burger night, Karishma Sakhrani shares the recipe you'd need.
For the tom yum patty
350 g firm tofu
1 cup oats
4 tsp garlic, crushed
6-7 red birds eye chilli, minced
2 inch piece galangal, grated
15-20 leaves Thai sweet basil, finely chopped
8 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
1 kaffir lime rind, grated
3 spring onions, finely chopped
3 tbsp tamarind pulp
2 tbsp flax seeds, ground
1 pack tom yum paste
For the coating
2 tbsp flour
50 g black sesame seeds
50 g white sesame seeds
Sesame oil for shallow frying
Burger bun to serve
For the salad
Red birds eye chilli
Thai sweet basil
For the Sriracha mayo
2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
1 tbsp Mayonnaise
For the lemongrass mayo
2 tbsp lemongrass sauce
1 tbsp mayonnaise
For tom yum patty
- Remove the tofu from the package, wash and rest on a plate. Cover with a lid and put a heavy weight on it so that the water drains completely from the tofu. Keep the tofu to drain for at least 60 minutes.
- Dry grind the oats to form a fine oat flour.
- Combine all the ingredients for the patty once the tofu has drained. You will get a soft, yet combined dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes for the dough to firm up, and the oats to soak in the balance moisture.
- Make a thin slurry with the flour and some water.
- Mix the two sesame seeds in a plate.
- Form about 4-6 patties from the mixture, dip it in the slurry and coat with the sesame seed mixture.
- Pan fry the patties on a low flame for about four-five minutes on each side, until done.
For the salad
- Use as garnish to complement the dish.
For Sriracha mayo
- Combine the two ingredients well.
For lemongrass mayo
- Combine the two ingredients well