Superfood tofu takes its place of pride in a super simple noodle bowl.
400 g tofu, drained and cubed
1 packet of rice noodles, cooked as per pack instructions (you can use egg noodles instead)
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 carrots, sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
1/2 cup cooked snow peas
3 spring onion greens, chopped (use the whites in the dressing)
Handful of peanuts, roasted and crushed
Handful of basil & mint leaves
For the dressing:
3 green onion whites, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
50 ml soy sauce
50 ml rice vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
½ tsp red chilli flakes
Salt to taste
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Place the tofu cubes and half the dressing in a re-sealable bag and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil and cook the tofu for 5 minutes, till it’s browned evenly. Set aside.
- To serve, divide the noodles into bowls. Add the tofu and veggies. Ladle over the remaining dressing.
- Garnish with peanuts, basil and mint leaves. Serve right away.