Flat Rice Noodles or Rice Sticks; 250 g
Extra Firm Tofu, cut into strips; 150 g
Tamari or Soy Sauce; 1+1 tbsp
Tamarind Paste; 1 tbsp
Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar; 2 tsp
Vegetable Oil; 2 tbsp
Garlic, minced; 1 tsp
Shallot, sliced; 1 medium
Carrot, julienne; 1
Chinese Cabbage, shredded; 1 cup
Red Pepper, julienne; 1/2
Spring Onions, thinly sliced; 2
Thai Red Chilli, sliced; 1 tsp
Roasted Peanuts, crushed; 2 tsp
Mung Sprouts; 100 g
Salt and Pepper; to taste
Lime Wedge; to garnish
Cilantro, chopped; to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a bowl, place tofu, a pinch of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Add tofu on silicon sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, stir in rest of the tamari or soy sauce, tamarind paste, sugar and whisk well to make a sauce.
- Boil water and cook the flat rice noodles or rice sticks as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to sauté shallots, garlic, carrot, red peppers and Chinese cabbage with oil. Season to taste and keep the veggies crisp.
- Toss in the noodles and prepared sauce.
- To serve, top with tofu, scallions, roasted peanuts, lime wedges, mung sprouts and cilantro.