Munch on these healthy vegan cookies shared by Chinmayie Bhat of lovefoodeat.com
Cook Time: 25 min
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup icing sugar
½ cup corn flour
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup olive oil
½ cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp water
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine oil, peanut butter, and vanilla and stir everything together. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix. The mixture will be quite hard. Using your hand knead the dough. Try not to use extra water but if it’s not coming together, add 1 or 2 tbsp of water. Cover and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Take the hard cookie dough and make small flat circles with your hands. Place them on the tray, maintain a uniform gap so that the dough can easily rise. Bake them for not more than 10 minutes.
- As soon as the cracks begin to appear take them out of the oven. This means, that the cookies are ready.
- Cookies will look too soft and brittle but let them cool completely. They will harden as they cool down.