Grapefruit Flesh; 250 g
Cucumber, cut into sticks; 1
Carrot, peeled and cut into sticks; 1
Onion, sliced and fried till golden; 1/2 cup
Garlic, sliced and fried till golden; 2 tbsp
Peanuts, crushed; 3 tbsp
Toasted Desiccated Coconut; 4 tbsp
Thai Red Chilli, minced; 2 tsp
Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped; 1 tsp
Mint Leaves, torn; to garnish
FOR THE DRESSING
Thai red chilli, minced; 1 tsp
Onion, finely minced; ½ small
Garlic Clove, minced; 1
Palm Sugar; 2 tbsp
Lime Juice; 2 tbsp
Tamarind Pulp; 2 tbsp
Virgin Coconut Oil; 1 tbsp
- To make the dressing, place onion, red chilli and garlic into a food processor. Blend to make a smooth paste.
- Put the paste into to a small saucepan, add palm sugar, lime juice and tamarind pulp. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved, may take about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place grapefruit flesh, carrot and cucumber sticks. Gently, with your hands mix with Thai red chilli, peanuts, toasted desiccated coconut, half of the fried onion and garlic.
- Generously coat with dressing.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander, mint leaves, and rest of the fried onion and garlic.