Make restaurant styled dish in the comfort of your home with this quick and easy recipe.
1 cup tempura flour
¾ cup ice cold soda water
1 small green zucchini, thinly sliced
1 small yellow zucchini, thinly sliced
8 green beans
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
Few coriander leaves
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores.
- In a wok or a large saucepan, heat enough oil to deep fry the vegetables.
- Put the tempura flour in a mixing bowl and then, pour cold soda water into the bowl. Whisk it to make the batter. The consistency shouldn’t be too thick or too runny.
- Dip the vegetables in the batter and drop them carefully in the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the wok/sauce pan.
- Fry them for a couple of minutes and keep them on a kitchen towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot with a dipping sauce of your choice.
It’s extremely important to use cold soda water or else, the tempura wouldn’t turn out crunchy. Make sure you don’t let the batter sit for too long. So, cut the vegetables, heat the oil and then, make the batter. Remember that the batter should be cold and the oil should be hot! Be extra careful while frying the cilantro leaves as it can splatter.