Chef Vikas Seth shows us how to make the perfect risotto and dress it up with indulgent shaved truffles and truffle oil.
200 g Traditions by Foodhall Arborio rice
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 ybsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
100 ml white wine
75 g assorted mushrooms (button, shiitake, porcini, Portobello)
30 g butter
50 g grated Parmesan
Salt & pepper to taste
Few shavings of Winter Black Truffle
1 tbsp Truffle Oil
All ingredients are available at Foodhall stores
- To prepare risotto, melt butter and olive oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add onion, garlic and mix mushrooms sauté till half done. (In case of dried mushrooms soak them in water for sufficient time for them to hydrate before using in the preparation).
- Add in the Arborio rice, stir for a couple of minutes over medium heat, add salt, add wine and simmer until absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Keep adding small quantities of stock until rice is cooked al dente and the mixture is creamy, not too runny, but moist with no excess liquid remaining. It will take about 15 minutes.
- Add in parmesan and give it a good stir.
- Remove from heat, season with black pepper. Plate it and garnish with Winter Black Truffle shavings and drizzle of truffle oil.